Wednesday 27 August 2008

Day 238 Officially been rubbish

You know what I have been unproductive and stupid all because I was swayed by a person whom I much admire as a journalist and broadcaster. But it took the common sense and honesty of a nobody (sorry SharonRose) to make me see sense and get back in the saddle so to speak.

The lovely SharonRose has a great, in fact two great blogs and it was her new blog $haronRose - $pending, $aving, Me that inspired me to rethink and make the effort to do something about my debt again.

Originally I was inspired by Make Do & Mend a book by Kate Battrick and of the blog Make Do & Mend she really got me in the budget mindset and I started the year quite well but then felt I was being a self indulgent t**t and stopped obsessing about my attempt not to spend. So things have gone slightly down hill but I feel it is even more important to get back on track.

I've managed to reduce my credit card debt to £2756 and my overdraft is at £600 but I need to make more effort to be debt free. I'm so easily beguiled by new clothes and the excitement of a new look I find it hard to resist a purchase. So here's hoping blogging will give me the extra stress to fess up to bad thoughts or deeds

2 comments:

Make Do Style said...

You go for it. Thank you for kind comment about my self published number - it could do with improving but keep budgeting and resisting temptation!!x

Sharon S said...

Congratulations on your efforts so far!! The blogging did go by the wayside, but you've obviously been plugging away at the debt and from what I can gather from reading your posts, you've nearly halved your credit card debt-that is a massive achievement, very well done!! I'm soo pleased you've decided to blog again-do it for yourself and don't be swayed too much by others opinions. Only stop if you ever feel its not right for you anymore-once again, well done!!