Tuesday 9 September 2008

Day 251 New resolve

I don't know if it is because of discovering other blogs dedicated to the same problem I face or a new found confidence but I'm doing so much better.

So far no spend on my allocation of £20 for the month. Normally I'd have blown it and be over. I've also not used the credit card which is a first as my total despite paying off a chunk had stayed the same through usage.

If only I could say something insightful but I reckon it all comes down to will power and choosing between debt and being in the black. I think also you have to lose the consumerism. I've tried all those changing energy providers and checking phone deals and you know what they are just playing with figures. Truly, you need to choose to live within your means and suffer short term hardship for long term gain.

Gulp, we'll see if I'm so chipper about it later in the week!

2 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there!! Very well done on your progress, it does help to read others journeys too and know you are not the only one! Getting out of debt and living below your means is really a lifestyle change of attitude, which is hard, but can be done!! Just think, when the credit card bill is paid, this will be monthly money you can own yourself!!

Make Do Style said...

I'm thinking I need to get better at this!