Sunday 20 January 2008

Day 20 Skinted

The sad thing about having spent too much is the fact I'm too poor to afford even the skinted versions of minted items. One also knows the skinted stuff is fashion addict territory while the minted is for the style acquisition brigade.
I'm in the midst of planning how to look 2008 with 2007 s/s stuff. I'm heartened by the fact the trends are mainly similar/same as last year but for a fashion addict a few subtle shifts are enough to make you tear your hair out.
It is the knowing it's not quite bang on trend that fills me with despair. How I long to gain the nonchalant style of a Nigella/L'Wren/Deyn/Wintour - peeps who regardless of their age or the seasons must haves - have a look for them. OK Deyn is going to struggle in a couple of years time if she's to avoid the Boy George problem - the look that went on for way toooooo long!

I take comfort from the belief that old Kate Moss suffers like I do, but she at least has the benefit of choice/money and a stylist to hand. Me, I'm too poor, to unknown and am not being sort out by a single stylist. Fashion addiction is a downward spiral and I'm still in search of the up.

Will I acquire a stylish demise? How does one become stylish not fashionable a ls Ms.Chanel?

No comments: