Wednesday 2 January 2008

Day One cold turkey


This blog is all about me. I'm a fashion adict/clothes shopaholic. Well to some extent I don't shop that much but what I do is always binge buy new clothes. I am beguiled and delighted by the latest look, fashion and must have item. Today I have visited net-a-porter and Toast websites.Last night I was viewing APC. In short I'm hooked on my image, what I wear, how I look and presenting a view of my in the most spectacular visual way.OK so what is the problem. Well the problem is a £5,700 credit card debt. In a nutshell I owe £5,700. On Monday my credit card company said I'd gone over my limit of £5,700 and I had to pay £58 immediately.
When I arrived at my friends New Year's Eve party a guest asked me did I have a new year's resolution. Taking a swig of champagne and a feeling sick I said yes - I'm going into cold turkey. The poor guy looked terrified. He probably thought shit Amy Winehouse has arrived. so I had to put him straight and say I loved a flutter on line and at the shops. That sorted he was quite useful and gave me some top tips.Lying in bed with hangover and my careless words echoing back at me, I thought what the f*** am I to do. I realised right away I had to be honest and bore people with my problem. It's not as shocking as drugs or drink but it ain't cheap either.
I can list the items I want to buy right now and the sum total of my desired items is not under £1000 probably tipping nearer £2000. It includes Pucci skirt £271, Tod wedges £270, Christian Louboutin patent sandals £350, Toast bag in sale £131, Toast jumper in sale £71, Topshop new silk sailor style dress £50.Also, 2 x Marc by Marc Jacobs tops total is £225, a little Joe by Gail Elliot top £80 and a Iisli top for £125. HELP. I'm in trouble. How do I lose the craving? How do I stop spending on clothes? How do I face the world without a new outfit or item? Can I still buy Grazia on a Tuesday?
Shoes shown available from http://www.matches.com/

No comments: