Friday 25 January 2008

Day 25 And I thought I had problems...

What is it with people who rack up £30k debts? How does one not notice?
I actually felt quite sane after flicking through a book called 'In the red' - a bit of a Make Do & Mend rip off if you ask me. The author keeps a diary about her recovery as a shopaholic. All very dull in reality and to self absorbed to entertain me!

One thing I do agree with Alexis Hall, the author of book - you have to go cold turkey. However unbearable it is - it is the only way.

Where I differ is obvious. My debt is mismanagement of all my fiances overall made worse by my love of fashion. I don't have to have the latest it bag nor do I buy something to emulate someone else. Nope, mine is a pure love of an item and a mind that produces wonderful images of how to wear it and what it will feel like. I spend selectively but until this year conveniently forgot about living within your means. And yes my debt includes, travel, nights out, off-licence visits and oh moments of madness in Space NK.

Honestly there is nothing like someone else's stupidity to cheer you up.

Will smugness come before a fall?

No comments: