Saturday 26 January 2008

Day 26 questioning self indulgence

After realising that others struggle with finances versus fashion purchases, I wondered if it was a bit self indulgent writing a blog that merely reflected my struggle and thoughts. How interesting can a young women's stupid indulgence be?

I'm hardly providing advice a la Style Bubble or Mrs Fashion (to mention but two as they are British). There are also a few other fashion addict type musings going on too. I am the only one concerned with not spending another penny on a single item of clothing until my debt is gone and I have a clothing budget I stick to.

I have to confess this is the hardest thing I've ever done, because I truly love clothes and define myself with my outfits. Come on, I hear a few people say - are you that shallow. Durr, yes! OK I recycle (a lot), keep healthy, don't smoke and at the moment due to funds don't drink or even go out much. I read novels, the papers and am generally well informed. I like music and films but clothes are my passion. I can date any item within a year or two - spot a designer label a mile off in TK Maxx - no mean feat.

Ultimately I do this to help me beat my addiction which harms literally no one but myself.

No comments: