Thursday 3 January 2008

Day Two battle stakes are upped

I made the fatal mistake of nipping into town. I didn't buy anything but I saw a number of items that wouldn't break the budget. A nice fine stripy tee with ruffle detail, quite Jacobesque in New Look. Red ballet flats in the sale for £5 and equally useful black ones for £15. I also peeked in at H&M, a Marniesque skirt retailing for £14.99 jumped out at me. I ran away it had summer frolics and fun written all over it. Would look great with Christian Louboutin patent sandals in yellow. The H&M skirt is white with grey abstract block print. Then Dotty Ps was my next little venture. I ignored Topshop and others on the basis I'm looking low end high street retailer. Can the lower end fuel or dowse my fashion flames? I spied a great black t-shirt dress at £25, very French, very flirty and again I was transported to flights of fancy. A long sleeve white tee with bib front and ruffle collar was talking to me but I stepped away. I don't do Primark or Peacocks - yet, so M&S was given a whirl and thankfully a major amount of Per Una and Classics numbers was their offering and I was suitably bored and appalled.
Sleep did not come easily to me last night - the black flats were fought off, the DP black dress was the lead role with the New Look stripy tee a good supporting act.
Oh god is there no escape? Will I succumb to a purchase that is money earmarked for credit card pay back? Am I destined to the high street not Bond Street or Knightsbridge for the rest of my life?

No comments: